Arizona Foster Care Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- May be married, single, divorced, with partner or widowed
- Be legal US and Arizona residents
- Be fingerprinted for a criminal history records check
- Be physically, mentally, emotionally and financially able to care for children
- Provide at least five personal references
- Complete Foster Parent Pre-Service Blended Training
- Pass a basic home life-safety inspection (home ownership is not required).
Step 1: Attend a KIDS orientation online or contact FSR with the dates/time of in-person orientations.
Step 2: Choose a Licensing Agency
Step 3: Foster Parent Pre-Service Blended Training
Step 4: Work with your agency to complete your home assessment
Step 5: Take you first placement and start making the difference in the life of a child!
Register now for one of our upcoming Foster Parent Pre-Service Blended Training
Click here to see the training calendar.
Or call the intake department at:
623-931-9300 extension 330.
For more information on valley-wide foster care and adoption orientation, please see the Kids Consortium web site.