Arizona Foster Care Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- May be married, single, divorced, with partner or widowed
- Be legal US and Arizona residents
- Be fingerprinted for a criminal history records check
- Be physically, mentally, emotionally and financially able to care for children
- Provide at least five personal references
- Complete 30 hours of State Mandated pre-service education curriculum
- Pass a basic home life-safety inspection (home ownership is not required).
Step 1: Attend a KIDS orientation-FSR offers free orientations on the first Wednesday of every month at our location at
8037 N 43rd Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85051
Step 2: Choose a Licensing Agency
Step 3: Attend a PSMAPPS 30 hour training
Step 4: Work with your agency to complete your home assessment
Step 5: Take you first placement and start making the difference in the life of a child!
Register now for one of our upcoming PS-MAPP Foster Care and Adoption Training Classes
Click here to see the training calendar.
Or call the intake department at:
For more information on valley-wide foster care and adoption orientation, please see the Kids Consortium web site.